Recycle Bin not working

I'm running Windows 2000 with SP4, and I'm having a problem with my Recycle
Bin. When I try to delete things as Administrator, the Recycle Bin works
correctly -- the deleted items show up in the Recycle Bin. However, both of
my non-admin users are experiencing a problem -- whenever they delete
something, it doesn't show up in the Recycle Bin, it's just permanently
deleted. I do have the Recycle Bin configured correctly for both users (the
"Do not move files to the Recycle Bin" box is unchecked). Since I just
recently installed Windows 2000 on my computer, I don't know if those two
users always had this problem. Any idea why the Recycle Bin isn't working
for those non-admin users?

Another bizarre thing (maybe unrelated to the above) I've noticed is that
sometimes when I delete things in Windows Explorer, another window is
brought into the foreground immediately when I click OK on the confirmation
dialog. Why is that happening?

  • Re: Deleted contact in Outlook 2007
    ... it goes to the recycle bin. ... Windows developers. ... Did you look in your Deleted Items folder? ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: No Recycle Bin Files visible
    ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... Try to empty the Recycle Bin again. ... Do you have Norton Utilities or SystemWorks? ... Disabling the Norton Protected Recycle Bin ...
    ... 20 oz pet bottle recycle bin ... accidentally deleted recycle bin icon ... accidentally deleted recycle bin windows vista ... dmaged windows vista recycle bin ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Vanishing icons on Desktop and in Recycle Bin
    ... My big problem is the fact that Windows doesn't seem to ... I do know the folder is there because I can see it in the ... I have a recycle bin icon on the desktop, ... [[The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility ...
  • Re: Recycle Bin
    ... though the GUI recycle bin as displayed on the desktop of each user account ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... the recycler folder has a sysid ... apparently for each user account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)