Keyboard & mouse don't work when windows 2000 boots

Hello All
I have a Win 2K pro pc for some reason when it boots up I can't get the
mouse or keyboard to work. The mouse pointer doesn't display, the num lock
comes on, but i can't turn it off. I have tried different keyboards & mice,
didn't work. I took the HD out & placed it as a slave in another pc, scaned
it with SAV, AVG, spybot, ewido, trend micro & panda active scan, all found
items and removed them, but I get the same results when I replace it as a
boot drive. When I boot into the BIOS the KB & mouse work, and when I used
ERD commander to boot the pc the KB & mouse work, so it's got to be
something in the Windows install that is on the HD. I also noticed that when
I used a optical mouse the led lit up when booting, but when Win 2K got to
the CTRl ALT DEL login screen the mouse light turned off like the mouse was
deactivated.
Anyone know of a virus that behaves like this?
I wanted to do a repair install , but when I try to boot with the boot disk
I mad I get
"File \ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded the error code is 7", I canged the
ram in the pc, and set the BIOS to defaults like the suggestion stated to
get rid of this error, but it did not work.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated
MMJII

  • Re: Dustbin k0oK in new complete techno-fuckup
    ... > windows CD then they may have licensed the boot loader as well. ... > next item in the BIOS boot list is looked to for boot files. ... the machine off, unplug the keyboard, plug it back in. ... > self-abuse, neglect, unauthorised repair, damage from improper installation, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Windows 2000 pro only hangs on re-start
    ... boot if I had legacy USB disabled. ... - Go to device manager and uninstall any keyboard(s) listed in the keyboard ... properties of what's underneath - then update driver and choose to select the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: HD Problem:
    ... that runs sometime during boot. ... If keyboard was USB, try a PS/2 keyboard. ... The bookmarks are down there. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: HD Problem:
    ... that runs sometime during boot. ... when you've accepted the EULA. ... If keyboard was USB, try a PS/2 keyboard. ... The bookmarks are down there. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [OT][IT] OpenSolaris and Toshiba Netbook
    ... except for its anglo keyboard. ... What you do is go into the BIOS, boot off the Live CD, ... If I switch workspaces and then come ... If I close the lid, the screen goes off, but when I open ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)