Re: Cannot load the Hive

Make sure write cache is not enabled.

Possible Data Loss After You Enable the "Write Cache Enabled" Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=281672

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q233541

You may have some bad RAM. The drive controller may be faulty.

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"DL" wrote:
> Done the clean install, still gives hive errs,and others eg
> Stop inaccessible boot device,
> winnt/systm32\config\systemced missing or corrupt
> Used a single good hd, no raid.

  • Re: Cant set Yahoo as my default email client
    ... The 64 bit feature helps it use RAM better as well as virtual ... I notice that even at idle, Vista uses 1.86 Gb of RAM right off ... is the worst OS Microsoft has released with the exception of Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Caching control
    ... |> A feature that would be useful is one where the level of caching can be ... The problem it solves is to avoid flooding RAM with a large number of pages ... of data that are merely going to be written to disk. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • [TOOL] RamSurf for Windows
    ... Explorer cache, cookies, URL history, and typed URLs are stored in RAM and ... written to disk in the first place. ... The package can also be used to assign your temporary files, ... Keep in mind that this feature defeats the auto-save feature in Office and ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Microcontroller-Programmierung, wo bekomme ich Resourcen her
    ... Programmieren sein Hirn zusammennimmt, und die Compilerdoku mit offenen ... Am Ende hatten wir doppelten Speicherbedarf bei Flash und RAM. ... Wenn man ein Feature mal eben in die quasi fertige Firmware ...
    (de.sci.electronics)
  • Re: Since OSX will be moving to Intels...
    ... function is software bound? ... I mean, all it takes for it to function is for RAM to be written to disk at shutdown and if a RAM file exists, load it at startup. ... Strangely enough, it's not a software feature, it's a hardware one, a feature enabled on certain motherboards, to be exact. ... When we had people connected to a VAX and had a power failure, and then when the power came back, all they had to do was log back in and type "EDIT/RECOVER filename" and not one keystroke during an edit session was ever lost. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)