RE: STOP c000021a Windows logon service failed

From: Bill Peele [MS] (bpeele_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/02/04

Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:53:38 GMT

--------------------

--
Ben,
The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects

	Value = GinaDLL REG_SZ
- If the Gina DLL value is present and is anything other than
  Msgina.dll, this probably means that a third-party product has changed
  this value.
- If this value is not present, the system uses Msgina.dll as the
  default GINA DLL
Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
Note:  For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.