Re: File unremovable

"Mhaxx" <supermhaxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:u1Wr0BdJIHA.1164@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Under:

C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Impostazioni locali\Temporary
Internet
Files\Content.IE5\N3JGPQHL

I can't delete a file named something like
1604104820@Top,Bottom,HalfBanner.... Why?

I can't delete it because even if I click on "Delete" from the menu "File"
nothing happens! I can't rename it because nothing happens, I can't move
it
because nothing happens.. why? I tried to remove from MS-DOS console but I
coundn't.

Any idea?

Mhaxx

- What is the full file name?
- What happens when you try to delete the file from a Command Prompt?
- What happens when you delete the file with its Short File Name?

To see the Short File Name, type this command:
dir /x "C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Impostazioni locali\Temporary
Internet Files\Content.IE5\N3JGPQHL\1604*.*"

  • Re: looking for answers about detecting and deleting rootkits on windows XP OS, and getting really a
    ... out on the internet. ... I am not saying that I am not computer illiterate, ... use DOS and you needed to know dos commands to exicute programs or ... how to list a folder of file in dos, which is now called command prompt ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: "c:windows systemlsass.exe"
    ... record modified date/time of the bogus lsass.exe ... Rename it by adding zzx_ prefix. ... Get Internet Explorer to delete all temporary files and downloaded ... Download Avast Cleaner from here: ...
  • Re: WINXP Pro Upgrade
    ... Cannot connect to the WEB with Internet Explorer. ... Have also done a Repair Install. ... No internet; No command prompt; Cannot activate, ... And I cannot still open the "Help and Support" facility. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • RE: Error number: 0x80072EFD
    ... Right-click the network connection and click "Properties". ... Click "Reset Internet Explorer Settings". ... Remove invalid characters from the proxy exception list and then clear the ... Type net stop wuauserv at the command prompt, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: error for windows update