Re: DNS Update Failed
- From: "Ace Fekay [MVP]" <PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName&LastNameHere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:11:36 -0400
JaroK <jaro_ku@xxxxxxxxx> made this post, which I then commented about
> I have the same problem. "DNS update failed". But after I shut down
> DHCP server and turn it on manually, the problem disappears. I have to
> do that each time after restarting a Server.
That shouldn't happen if all is configured properly. Since we are not aware
of your configuration, it would be difficult to make an accurate guess as to
why it's happening.
If you can post some info, that would surely lead to a better diagnosis:
1. Unedited ipconfig /all from your DC, your DHCP server and one of a client
2. The exact zone name spellng in DNS and whether updates are allowed on the
3. The AD DNS domain name as it shows up in ADUC.
4. If the SRV records exist under your zone.
- For those using Zome Alarm having problems since windows update
... If you use ZoneAlarm you will lose your Internet connection after installing the latest security updates from MS - KB951748 in particular. ... Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. ...
- Re: Update KB951748 causes no connect to internet, anyone have thi
... a major snafu from MS to not let firewall makers in on the plan. ... Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. ...
- Re: What aging/scavenging do?
... What actually this aging ang scavenging setting in AD integrated DNS ... noticed that in the reverse lookup zone there are duplicate entries ... DHCP on DNS, ... DHCP COnsole, DHCP server properties, and on the Advanced tab of the DHCP Server ...
- Re: Primary or Integrated Zone
... Provide DNS for 5 Win servers ansd several Xp clients. ... At the same timne the DHCP server should provide ip addresses for 100 ... whether the zone allows dynamic updates or not, or if in the case of ADI ...
- Re: Domain authentication problem
... configuration of Dynamic DNS, hence updates now enabled. ... restarting DHCP server restores this as default after I ... modern Windows versions where clients can register their own IP ...