Re: NS entries not changing, Authority Records Blank

From: Serge Rozentsvet (rozentsvet_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/22/04

    Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:56:24 +1000

    Thanks a lot.
    My registrar has E-Mailed me today similar information. Could you explain
    the process of registering NS servers in a bit more detail?

    Thanks again,

    S. Rozentsvet

    "Kevin D. Goodknecht [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message
    > In news:%23O784e6JEHA.3316@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    > Serge Rozentsvet <rozentsvet@hotmail.com> posted a question
    > Then Kevin replied below:
    > > We'll be migrating DNS to another box within the next couple of days -
    > > that'll take care of the private 10.x.x.x addresses you saw.
    > > Meanwhile, how do I register my server/IP as a public NS?
    > >
    > Most registrars allow you to do this on their domain administration
    > interface on their website. You may have to E-mail them to ask how it is
    > done.
    >
    > What you need for example is a name server registered and listed at the
    .biz
    > TLD servers for NS1.RUSSIANSPY.BIZ at IP 211.30.3.130.
    >
    > Once the name server and IP are registered and listed at the .biz TLD
    > servers then you can make it Authoritative for your domain or other
    domains.
    > BTW, you need two Authoritative DNS servers for each domain, if you only
    > have one DNS or IP address available for public content DNS, you need to
    > have a deal setup for someone else to host a secondary zone for any domain
    > you host. Your ISP may do this or some other DNS hosting provider.
    >

    > --
    > Best regards,
    > Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
    > Hope This Helps
    > ============================
    > --
    > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
    > newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
    > To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my email.
    > http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
    > It will strip signature out and more
    > Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
    > OEBackup:

    • Re: Domain Setup
      ... In the most simple terms possible, your NS1 and NS2 records are PUBLIC DNS ... servers that ALL OTHER SERVERS IN THE WORLD will be referred to for ... My registrar can handle this. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: WHAT AN INSANE SHIT!!!
      ... Many people take a website and get a hostname with it, so the registrar ... Or maybe an even worse issue where the host registers the ... One domain I have a domain hoster, but DNS and web hosting are with the ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Setting up a DNS for a client om my server 2003
      ... >> primary DNS is the name of the computer. ... I want to host another site ... >> and use my DNS server to create a name server that will point there ... > I'm all for leaving the dns with the registrar. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
    • Re: Fotopic
      ... know the registrar was TUCOWS? ... It has an entry in Whois, because the paid-for registration period is ... always seen Whois and DNS as separate, if related, systems. ... DNS servers IIRC). ...
      (uk.railway)
    • Re: while I have your attention... Names, copyright and IPv6
      ... > Question 1) where does the DNS record for that name reside? ... points bergen.org to a registrar. ... the .org name servers are configured to ... do they have legal responsibilities? ...
      (freebsd-questions)