Re: Redirection based on port

From: Roland Hall (nobody_at_nowhere)
Date: 02/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:20:55 -0600

"JRC" <jrc@NoSPAM.jrc> wrote:
: Well, most of the services don't run on actual web servers. They are apps
: that generate their own web pages. I suppose I could change the listening
: port on them to 80, but this would require a different machine for each
app,
: something that isn't necessarily needed.
:
: Then again, what would be the possibility of running a single web server
: with multiple 'sites' that redirects to each of these apps?

The whole idea of host headers is to run multiple sites on a single server
pointing each to a different one. You also don't have to change the port to
80, just specify it in the URL: http://mywebsite:8080/

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */