Re: Redirection based on port

From: Roland Hall (nobody_at_nowhere)
Date: 02/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:20:55 -0600

"JRC" <jrc@NoSPAM.jrc> wrote:
: Well, most of the services don't run on actual web servers. They are apps
: that generate their own web pages. I suppose I could change the listening
: port on them to 80, but this would require a different machine for each
app,
: something that isn't necessarily needed.
:
: Then again, what would be the possibility of running a single web server
: with multiple 'sites' that redirects to each of these apps?

The whole idea of host headers is to run multiple sites on a single server
pointing each to a different one. You also don't have to change the port to
80, just specify it in the URL: http://mywebsite:8080/

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Redirection based on port
    ... most of the services don't run on actual web servers. ... They are apps ... I suppose I could change the listening ... port on them to 80, but this would require a different machine for each app, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: Flash Worms
    ... Subject: Flash Worms ... million apache web servers that are up. ... trashed web sites, deleted hard drives, or run some sort of DDOS attack. ... Or hack into multiple sites and release the payload ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Flash Worms
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Web Servers
    ... The X1 version is free and runs a single site whilst the X2 allows multiple sites and is only $70. ... Bakshi wrote: ... Can anybody tell me that Other than IIS which are other web servers ...