Re: Forest Root DC Single Label host name

In news:59D15D93-8702-464C-9F8F-27B525B1F5CA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Cabal10 <Cabal10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
Ace,

I have one question/concern before I run the script. The server that
I am running the script on has a computer name of directory.nj1
The domain name is nj1.com. I am afraid that when I run the script
it will append the domain name to the computer name and it will end
up being: directory.nj1.nj1.com

Remember that the full computer name on that server says
directory.nj1 and the records in DNS say the same. Will the script
know to remove or ignore the nj1 in the computer name and just append
nj1.com, so that I amleft with directory.nj1.com??

Thanks!

The FQDN you see is actually derived from prefixing the computer name to the
suffix. The machine thinks it's suffix is NJ1. The script will change that
to nj1.com. It will straighten it out.

You have nothing to worry about other than getting this thing working. Run
it please.

Ace

  • Re: Same Internal Server Error from last two days
    ... I am trying to run a Hello World Perl Script in Apache 2.2. ... But its constantly giving me Internal Server Error.The script ... # have to place corresponding `LoadModule' lines at this location so the ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Same Internal Server Error from last two days
    ... I am trying to run a Hello World Perl Script in Apache 2.2. ... But its constantly giving me Internal Server Error.The script Runs perfectly fine from the command prompt. ... # This is the main Apache HTTP server configuration file. ... LoadModule actions_module modules/mod_actions.so ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Same Internal Server Error from last two days
    ... I am trying to run a Hello World Perl Script in Apache 2.2. ... But its constantly giving me Internal Server Error.The script ... # have to place corresponding `LoadModule' lines at this location so the ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Regarding a selection for mobile code/scripting language
    ... Client Side scripting, so the server can send script commands to the client. ... I decided they should be scripted and mobile code. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: HTTPSConnection script fails, but only on some servers (long)
    ... (HTTP/CONNECT + switch to HTTPS) ... wget and my python script. ... >>The python script works with server A, ... the problem seems to depend on both the client ...
    (comp.lang.python)