Strong Password Group Policy not working

I have one Windows 2003 Active Directory domain with Windows XP and Windows
2000 client workstations. I created a group policy to enable strong
passwords according to the instructions at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/smallbusiness/topics/networksecurity/enforce_strong_passwords.mspx.

However, the policy is not applied to any of the workstations. I confirmed
this by running rsop.msc on several workstations and saw that the policy was
not being applied.

What is it failing?

--
Regards,

Ward

  • Re: Workstations looking for Old Policy
    ... You might be better off getting a Windows XP client with GPMC ... find the offending policy and delete all the links that it has. ... >> Hi Russ ... >>> Our Windows XP Pro workstations are looking for an old policy that was ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Implementing EFS for select users
    ... It depends on if the workstations are Windows 2000 or XP Pro. ... uncheck the box that allows EFS to be used. ... on all computers at the domain level via Group Policy and then add the four ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Strong Password Group Policy not working
    ... It sometimes gives you a little more info on why a gpo wasn't applied. ... >I have one Windows 2003 Active Directory domain with Windows XP and Windows ... the policy is not applied to any of the workstations. ...
  • Re: AutoLogoff via Time Restrictions...
    ... and not on the workstations. ... >>You then enable the policy to force logoff when logon ... I think I remember testing this for windows 2000 ... >>>Automatically log off users when logon time expires ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Setting Account Lockout Policies with a NT PDC
    ... You can rename the local user accounts and/or change the passwords on ... workstations using the "cusrmgr.exe" command from the Windows 2000 Pro - ... Setting Account Lockout Policies with a NT PDC ... PDC is a Windows NT Server ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)