Re: API in .net framwork 2.0 but client PC has 1.0

Hi Liz,

Why can't the .NET 2.0 Framework also be installed on these machines?
The two can exist side-by-side on a machine - no problem; that's the way
.NET was designed to work. You could only run into difficulties if
there's a Word Add-in that relies on the 1.x Framework.

It can but not right away. I work in a firm with 1700 users and the
network group has to plan and deploy the package. I've told them we
need it but they can't deploy it fast enough for me to make use of for
this project.

In that case, your proposed approach seems reasonable.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

  • RE: WSE support in framework 2.0
    ... The plan is to release WSE 2.0 with Framework 2.0, ... "Oldman" wrote:> Is there plans to have any of the WSE classes supported in version 2.0 of the> .NET framework? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: API in .net framwork 2.0 but client PC has 1.0
    ... there's a Word Add-in that relies on the 1.x Framework. ... Cindy Meister ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.vstools.office)
  • Re: CA Mainframe 2.0
    ... I plan to take a good hard look at this in the near future. ... I am not familiar with CA's framework. ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Moving a pension from a prior employer?
    ... It will provide a framework for a conversation with her ... Her plan is somehow part of the executive pension plan so there ... Once we have a grasp of the present plan details I can raise new ... As to seeking the advice of a professional. ...
    (uk.finance)
  • When would XQuery be available in the .Net framework?
    ... there a release plan for XQuery in the framework. ... how will this impact SQL Server 2005? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)