RE: Unable to apply VS 2005 SP1
This is late reply but worth....
1) Start -> Programs -> Admin Tools -> Local Security Policy
2) Click on Software Restriction Policies
3) If it doesn't show anything, then, create new, otherwise, go to step 4.
4) Select "Enforcement" and press mouse right click, then, select
5) Select "All users except local administrators" & click OK.
6) Close the window & start installing the Visual Studio.
In order to do above exercise, you must login with administrator account.
- Re: How to prevent users from executing other programs than permitted
... First make sure that the users are not also local administrators as local ... Then you can use NTFS permissions or Software Restriction Policies ...
- Re: software
... Not allowing them to be power users or local administrators would be a great ... Regular users still can install some software such as applications ... clueless about the powers of the administrator account. ... --- Software Restriction Policies ...
- Re: Disabling Installation for users
... Disabling Windows Installer via GP will only work for .msi software ... It sounds like the users are local administrators which you really ... want to avoid unless there is a really good reason that it has to be done. ... You also can use Software Restriction Policies for XP Pro to ...
- Re: Remove Administrator Account from Administrators Group
... will push down the local Administrators group, ... of the Administrators group that is pushed down by the group policy. ... or push it down under a different name. ... Administrator account listed as a member, but you might see an account ...
- RE: Restrict the ability to rename the local administrator accoun t
... local admin group and only if necessary give them power user authority. ... Restrict the ability to rename the local administrator account ... local administrators group) from changing the user name of the local ...