Re: Do I Need to Install the Canon MP610 Printer Application Software?

On 4/7/2010 10:56 PM, oliverlnrd wrote:
Thanx for sharing

'Horse Farm Management Software' (http://www.paddockpro.com)

Generally, Yes. Usually, built in drivers, etc are very basic, and limit the usefulness. The 610 may need to be installed as a network as well as a local (USB) device. This allows a directly connected P/C to have full access to all the features, and use third party scanner software. The network connection can be also used by the P/C connected via usb, and other networked P/Cs as well.

In some instances, you can change the port of the "USB" installed device to a network port, and use third party software as if the device is connected directly.

ViewScan is one of the third party scanner applications that I prefer to use.

  • RE: The Network is not Present or not started
    ... When you say you use an ethernet connection to the LAN and still no Internet connection, ... problem is a configuration setting or third party product such as a firewall service like Zone ... If you have other machines that are connecting ok, then check their network configuration ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • RE: Problems with Permissions
    ... And SBS server is only take ... the role of an internal server. ... they are all configured to connected to internal network. ... g. Run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard on SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: server disconnection - very often
    ... Often get the redirected folders working offline prompt on some client ... VMware virtual network interface cause network issue. ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... |> re-initialize the offline files cache and database on client computers: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OT By a mile in parts comments on Viet Nam
    ... check bank accouts etc etc whilst away but is safe to do so over wireless and using the hotel network.. ... you should regard your connection as insecure and use some ... form of encryption to protect your passwords and privacy. ... My recommendation would be to set up a VPN endpoint in the UK that you ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)