Re: Do I Need to Install the Canon MP610 Printer Application Software?

On 4/7/2010 10:56 PM, oliverlnrd wrote:
Thanx for sharing

'Horse Farm Management Software' (http://www.paddockpro.com)

Generally, Yes. Usually, built in drivers, etc are very basic, and limit the usefulness. The 610 may need to be installed as a network as well as a local (USB) device. This allows a directly connected P/C to have full access to all the features, and use third party scanner software. The network connection can be also used by the P/C connected via usb, and other networked P/Cs as well.

In some instances, you can change the port of the "USB" installed device to a network port, and use third party software as if the device is connected directly.

ViewScan is one of the third party scanner applications that I prefer to use.

.