Re: Where did my faxes go? No sent items?

OK, let me clear the mud :-)
Sorry for not being clear in the first place.

I have placed my old faxes - true - in the place where WFS does not expect them. But I (WFS) can see those that are in this "wrong" Inbox! Not those in the - equally wrong - Sent Items. Can see the Inbox, yes, but with all those erroneous entries for the basic info. Mistery?

Anyway, my question is the following: how can I get my old faxes to show correctly in WFS on my new Windows 7 machine? I did try to place them in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax, but that did not help.

"Russ Valentine" <russval@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#3Sf4jbVKHA.4816@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Getting muddier. As I understand your reply, you moved faxes from your previous Vista installation to the wrong location in Windows 7. That would certainly explain why WFS would be unable to see them. Any other details you've left out?
You don't need to integrate WFS with Outlook. You're the one who brought up Office 2007 as if it were relevant. If you aren't using WFS with Outlook, your Office version is not in play here.
--
Russ Valentine
"Jerry" <NOSPAMduncan_jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OmERhVbVKHA.1792@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It was a clean install. I created the folders in My Documents (copied them from my backup).
I did create a new fax account. How do you integrate WFS with Outlook?

"Russ Valentine" <russval@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#IzfbGbVKHA.1232@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Was this a clean install? Because that's not the Folder WFS uses for storing faxes. WFS stores the faxes for your local account in ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\ or whatever its counterpart is in Windows 7. It only uses your Documents folder for sample or welcome faxes that install with the program.
Did you create a new fax account for WFS? Did you attempt to integrate WFS with Outlook?
--
Russ Valentine
"Jerry" <duncan_jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e7iv3yYVKHA.504@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I do remember this was an issue when I switched from XP to Vista. I solved it then, but don't remember the solution.
Now I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2007 Standard and the issue is there again.

All my received faxes are in My Documents/Fax/Inbox and those that I sent are in My Documents/Fax/SentItems.
When I run the Windows Fax and Scan app, I can see all the faxes from my Inbox, but none from the sent items. Also, the ones in the inbox have all the wrong info in the list: the sender for all is Microsoft Fax and Scan Team, subject is Welcome to Windows Fax and Scan, the date is today, pages 1 and fax account Microsoft.

Can anyone please help me get it right, so that I can see all my received and sent faxes and with correct information?

  • Re: Where did my faxes go? No sent items?
    ... I have no intention of trying Windows 7 until it has passed muster, ... I have placed my old faxes - true - in the place where WFS does not expect them. ... my question is the following: how can I get my old faxes to show correctly in WFS on my new Windows 7 machine? ... Also, the ones in the inbox have all the wrong info in the list: the sender for all is Microsoft Fax and Scan Team, subject is Welcome to Windows Fax and Scan, the date is today, pages 1 and fax account Microsoft. ...
  • Re: Where did my faxes go? No sent items?
    ... I did create a new fax account. ... storing faxes. ... It only uses your Documents folder for sample or welcome faxes that install with the program. ... Now I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2007 Standard and the issue is there again. ...
  • Re: Where did my faxes go? No sent items?
    ... Because that's not the Folder WFS uses for storing faxes. ... It only uses your Documents folder for sample or welcome faxes that install with the program. ... Did you create a new fax account for WFS? ...
  • Re: Unable to send fax using the IFaxServer interface
    ... > fax using Windows 2000 Fax COM Object Model. ... user with admin rights granted by the domain OR as LocalSystem Account. ... right that a user should have to be able to send faxes? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.fax)