Re: Where did my faxes go? No sent items?

Getting muddier. As I understand your reply, you moved faxes from your previous Vista installation to the wrong location in Windows 7. That would certainly explain why WFS would be unable to see them. Any other details you've left out?
You don't need to integrate WFS with Outlook. You're the one who brought up Office 2007 as if it were relevant. If you aren't using WFS with Outlook, your Office version is not in play here.
--
Russ Valentine
"Jerry" <NOSPAMduncan_jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OmERhVbVKHA.1792@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It was a clean install. I created the folders in My Documents (copied them from my backup).
I did create a new fax account. How do you integrate WFS with Outlook?

"Russ Valentine" <russval@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#IzfbGbVKHA.1232@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Was this a clean install? Because that's not the Folder WFS uses for storing faxes. WFS stores the faxes for your local account in ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\ or whatever its counterpart is in Windows 7. It only uses your Documents folder for sample or welcome faxes that install with the program.
Did you create a new fax account for WFS? Did you attempt to integrate WFS with Outlook?
--
Russ Valentine
"Jerry" <duncan_jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e7iv3yYVKHA.504@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I do remember this was an issue when I switched from XP to Vista. I solved it then, but don't remember the solution.
Now I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2007 Standard and the issue is there again.

All my received faxes are in My Documents/Fax/Inbox and those that I sent are in My Documents/Fax/SentItems.
When I run the Windows Fax and Scan app, I can see all the faxes from my Inbox, but none from the sent items. Also, the ones in the inbox have all the wrong info in the list: the sender for all is Microsoft Fax and Scan Team, subject is Welcome to Windows Fax and Scan, the date is today, pages 1 and fax account Microsoft.

Can anyone please help me get it right, so that I can see all my received and sent faxes and with correct information?

  • Re: Where did my faxes go? No sent items?
    ... I have no intention of trying Windows 7 until it has passed muster, ... I have placed my old faxes - true - in the place where WFS does not expect them. ... my question is the following: how can I get my old faxes to show correctly in WFS on my new Windows 7 machine? ... Also, the ones in the inbox have all the wrong info in the list: the sender for all is Microsoft Fax and Scan Team, subject is Welcome to Windows Fax and Scan, the date is today, pages 1 and fax account Microsoft. ...
  • Re: Where did my faxes go? No sent items?
    ... I have placed my old faxes - true - in the place where WFS does not expect them. ... my question is the following: how can I get my old faxes to show correctly in WFS on my new Windows 7 machine? ... I did create a new fax account. ...
  • Re: Fax Printing
    ... No other description was given so I googled BCM and never really found anything to say specifically whether or not it is a "fax" modem. ... However, I did find a posting by someone who said they had previously used this modem to send faxes and then suddenly, it would not work anymore to send faxes. ... It's unlikely that the installation of SP2 or SP3 affected faxing, but anything is possible, especially with Windows. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Fax Service Manager
    ... Is the Sp3 version supposed to have Fax Service Manager? ... item for the installation of "Windows Components". ... "How to enable and configure the fax service in Windows XP" ... "The Fax View of WFS is an enhancement of the Fax Services ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Sent Faxes Disappearing
    ... intermittent problems with faxes disappearing when sending Fax. ... Firstly I have checked your fax modem and find it is not on the Windows ... Make sure the "Sent Items" are archived in an existent folder ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)