Printing status or error codes?

Hi,

When a print job gets an error in vista (i.e. a status of "Printing - Error"),
is there any way to view the underlying condition or status or error code to get
an idea of what specifically the problem is?

Thanks.

  • Re: Printing Problem - Word 2003 on Vista
    ... try disable/uncheck "background printing" in Word, Tools, Options, Printing. ... All networked for Internet access and one shared HP network printer. ... I resisted Vista as long as I could but both my wife and son did an end run around me and bought new machines with Vista pre-installed. ... When printing via a network connection, the print job freezes and fails to complete unless Word is minimized to the task bar and then maximized again. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: How to kill a print job on HP 6l Laserprinter?
    ... the print job is past the queue and in the printer memory. ... software enabled the emptying of this memory so any printing data sent to ... The HP XP printing software does not ... Where in the Registry can I set the timer for the print job in the ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: How to Restart A Job
    ... You sugeested that we need to stay in EndDoc, if we stay in EndDoc the ... But if any error comes during printing, ... A mechanism should exist on the printer side to tell when the print job ... One of the requirement is to restart ...
  • Print job stalls in printer queue while printing and then while deleting
    ... I'm printing from a laptop that's connected to a ... If I try to delete the stalled print job, it says "Deleting - Printing" and ... Turn off laptop. ... After it's booted up, plug in printer's power cord, then plug in it's USB ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: printing problem
    ... > EndDoc is required to inform Win that a print job is done. ... As the printing process is that of a full page. ... more information triggers the full page. ... Laser printer - - so I added software for this. ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)