Re: Printing to HP LaserJet 1300

2120smak wrote:
No luck - same reaction from the pc, i.e. nothing.

When selecting add a printer I get a choice between "only use this if you do not have have a usb-printer - windows installs usb-printers automatically when connected" and "add a network printer, a wireless printer or a bluetooth printer...."

"DL" wrote:

You've obtained the Vista drivers & installed as per hp instructions, which usually means installing software/drivers prior to connecting the printer?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=238328&locale=en_US&taskId=135&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=238320

"2120smak" <lars.kold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B3D67099-D737-4674-AEC9-9516E363BE7E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There seems to be no way to make my Sony Vaio with Vista print to my HP
LaserJet 1300 - any suggestions on how to make this work?

Are you sure that the LJ1300's USB port is working?

Vista does have a built-in driver for the LJ1300. The problem is getting the special HP DOT4 port.

Just ignore the warning in the Add A Printer Wizard to "only use this if you do not have have a usb-printer."

I'm not sure what besides HP's printer status monitor will *not* work without the DOT4 port, but it's worth a try.

Alternatively, you could try HP's "Universal Print Driver" for Vista (although it looks like a big mess to me): http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=238322&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=238320&submit.y=9&submit.x=4&lang=en&cc=us

Be sure choose the correct one (Vista or Vista 64-bit) and read the install instructions.
--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html

  • Re: Vista WMP11 cant open media web links
    ... OK first off I'd wonder if you'd installed vista ultimate over the ... previously installed home edition on the PC. ... "upgrade" installs as I often worry about crumbs of the old OS left ... Scroll down the list and under choose a default media player, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Vista continuously freezes for a few seconds, please HELP!!!
    ... I can't belie it because I had Nod32 ... I'm still running Windows Defender along with my new Kaspersky, ... It seems to be a Vista problem from what I'm reading from ... problem even after several clean Vista Installs. ...
  • Re: Vista continuously freezes for a few seconds, please HELP!!!
    ... I just downloaded the Windows Malicious Software Removal ... I can't belie it because I had Nod32 ... It seems to be a Vista problem from what I'm reading from ... problem even after several clean Vista Installs. ...
  • Re: Problem loading ndis6 light weight filter sample in WDK.
    ... I have a NDIS 6 LWF that I just installed on Vista 5600 (RC1). ... It is currently loaded using something like SNetCfg instead of the control panel, but the LWF certainly installs OK. ... Some fields were added to some data structures, etc. "Net" result was that some Vista WDK/OS combinations would not work correctly - but I don't recall a failure at install time. ...
  • Re: Installing Access 2000 or Access 2003 using Vista
    ... mention that I actually had done the installs and they work for me. ... Since I already had an A2000 version of my app, ... it was easier to just upgrade them than try to fix some pesky problem I ... that earlier Access will not run on Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.setupconfig)