Re: PaperSize not available when Run as Admin

You can change the timeout value on the splwow64.exe for termination after 1
minute. If the print driver keeps a reference to the process this does not
work.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923357

You cannot use the RUNAS command to print from a 32-bit program in different
user accounts in a single session on a computer that is running a 64-bit
version of Microsoft Windows

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"robkeithd" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply

Our "real" app is 32 bit. I built the test app as both 32 and 64. We
have been done a little more discovery. This seems to have something to
do with splwow64.exe. If I run the test "as is" and then it again "as
admin" I have the problem. If I bring up Task Manager and kill splwow64
(or wait long enough for it go away on its own) in between then the test
runs fine. If I run "as admin" the first time then I don't seem to have
the problem - i.e. I can turn right around and run the app as is or as
admin with no problem.

So now I'm at the point where I know I need to make sure I can read the
printer properties before proceeeding with the print job so my program
won't just flat out die but I don't really know what to do if it turns
out that I can't read the properites.

If there is some trick or tip out there it would be greatly
appreiciated.

--
robkeithd

.