Re: PaperSize not available when Run as Admin

is this a 32bit application?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"robkeithd" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I've got a Windows app written in C# that errors out when it is Run as
Admin. I've boiled it down to setting the PaperSize on the printer.
I've got a test app consisting of single form with two textboxes and in
the Shown event I have the following code:

PrinterSettings ps = new PrinterSettings();
ps.PrinterName = "Microsoft XPS Document Writer";
textBox1.Text = ps.PrinterName;
textBox2.Text = ps.PaperSizes.Count.ToString();

When I run the app with a double click on the desktop icon I get the
expected 106 for the count. If I right click the icon and select Run as
Admin, the printer name is correct but the count is zero.

Part of my full app relies on reading the PaperSizes so the issue of
not finding any when running as admin is causing some problems. This
only seems to be an issue on 64 bit Vista. Have reproduced it on two 64
bit boxes but don't have the problem on a 32 bit Vista or XP 32 or XP
64.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

--
robkeithd

.