Re: Lexmark Z515 Printer Sharing Problem

make sure the guest account is enabled on the machine sharing the printer.

Are you still getting the Access Denied error when adding the local port?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"sdogg1m" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

An update:

I have tried a couple of other fixes that have failed including giving
the Network group access to the spool folder ( 'windows cannot connect
to printer. access is denied.'
(http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaprinting/thread/27baad19-6e77-4038-ab65-6b33e10240e1)
) and that did not work. Also, I attempted to connect the printer the
laptop to see if I could share it with the desktop and came up with the
same errors. One more thing, I noticed Norton Internet Security was
installed on the laptop and so I removed it first with the Remove
Programs utility and then with the Norton Removal Tool. This still did
not correct the problem.

A little more information:
Desktop runs Windows Vista Home Premium x64
Laptop runs Windows Vista Hom Premium 32-bit
Wireless router is a Wireless G Netgear WPN824

Both computers are connected under the same workgroup (Home). Both
computers have file and print sharing turned on. The need to access file
and print sharing with a password is turned off. User Account Control is
turned on and Windows Firewall is turned off.

Hopefully this further information can help. Please tell me if there is
any further information that I can provide to bring additional insight
for correcting the problem.

--
sdogg1m

  • Re: shared printer will not work?
    ... Printer Properties> sharing> share this printer. ... Let windows do its thing it may take a while. ... As for the printer port settings it is USB001 ... To further set permissions click the Advanced button. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: shared printer will not work?
    ... Printer Properties> sharing> share this printer. ... Windows assigned a share name. ... As for the printer port settings it is USB001 ... To further set permissions click the Advanced button. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Sharing and Security button is missing
    ... [[Note You cannot turn off simple file sharing in Microsoft Windows XP Home ... How to disable simplified sharing and set permissions on a shared folder in ... >>> Well, I do have the Security Tab, what don't have is the Sharing and>>> Security button when you right-click a Folder/File. ...
  • Re: Continued inquiry re "permissions"
    ... Windows, for the relevant folders to be shared and to permit others to change ... for simple file sharing, and the relevant folders are already set to be ... Accounts, and more importantly, managing Access Rights, in Windows XP? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • Re: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
    ... you have to have f&p sharing bound to the dial-up ... the interface when the connection is created. ... Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)