Re: Canon Printer won't download on new computer

Ok thanks. Canon is sending me the disc and I will download the driver from
there. I hope any dummy can do it. I have another question but I don't know
if I ask it here but here goes. Do you know anything about ATF-Cleaner the
website is Atribune.org. I just got this computer and it an HP Pavilion
dv5-1235 dx Entertainment Notebook PC. I had to call HP for some info on
Lightscribe I was having trouble so they took control of my computer and he
downloaded ATF cleaner from his side without my permission. He said that this
is a good program to get rid of all file you don't need. I tried contacting
HP about this and they have not got back to me yet.

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

Go to the website and check the instructions to install the driver using the
file you got from the web site. Do _NOT_ use the CD or DVD that came with
the printer.

--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Dar" <Dar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I did download the driver from Canon web site and then I put the CD that
came
with my printer and it said (something )does not support the 64 driver. (
something likie that) I am a beginer when it comes to things like this. So
Canon said they are sending me the driver to download. But if I did it
from
the web site and put in the CD and it did not work, Do I need new software
to? Or maybe I did not do somehting right. Could it be the software CD
that
came with the printer?
The printer worked with my last computer but it was a 32 bit.

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

As a suggested PS to Alan's information:

If the driver included on the DVD for Windows Vista 64 is not available
you, there is one on the Canon web site. If you go that route, be sure to
check out the installation instructions. In particular, do not plug the
printer into the computer until you are directed to by the instructions
or
on-screen prompts when installing the software/drivers.
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Dar" <Dar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have Window Vista Home Premium SP 1 64-bit operating system IE 7
I have a Canon Pixma MP500 that was purchased in 2006, and it will not
download on my computer. I went to canon website and downloaded the
driver
and then put in the old CD and did what it said and it said something
like
this is not for 64-bit OS. Now I am not a computer wizard so I have a
lot
learn. Please help.

.