Re: Solved - HP LaserJet 1000 for Vista

db ´¯`·.. >;936445 Wrote:
If Vista no longer or hasn't been able to install your trusty Laser Jet
1000 printer driver, then you are not alone.

The solution is to connect a slower 1.0 USB Hub in between the LaserJet
1000 and Vista.

For my particular resolution a Belkin F5U021 USB Hub was the key to
success.

Once the hub was connected, Vista expeditiously recognized and
automatically installed the HP Laser Jet 1000 driver, created for
WinXP.

Printing to and from the Laser Jet 1000 is now as normal and proficient
in Vista as it was for WinXP.

The chatter that Vista cannot recognize host based printers or the
drivers may be misleading because it certainly cannot apply to my
Vista and HP Laser Jet 1000 scenario.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

tags: db, lj1000, laserjet1000, laser jet 1000
Did you system recognize this printer by plugging it in with USB hub
1.0 or did you complete the add to printer function? I have not been
able to get windows to allow "ini" file to be loaded from the driver
download as it keeps coming up as incompatiable with windows vista x64

--
ePA

  • RE: Solved - HP LaserJet 1000 for Vista
    ... The solution is to connect a slower 1.0 USB Hub in between the LaserJet 1000 and Vista. ... Printing to and from the Laser Jet 1000 is now as normal and proficient in Vista as it was for WinXP. ...
  • USB Ports and Mouse Recognition
    ... I have looked in 'Device Manager' under 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' and note that 'Generic USB Hub' has a yellow triangle. ... If I uninstall the USB hub driver, then reboot will Vista re-install the driver automatically Will I need the Vista DVD disk at hand? ...
  • asus a8v-vm se mobo
    ... If u are trying to install vista or win7 it is not compatiable OS. ... it uses a realtech driver which keeps getting replace, ... Re: vista sound driver problem ... starts the installation, and choose Properties. ...
  • Re: Vista WHQL PnP failure question
    ... I'm quite positive that the device supports selective suspend, ... and Vista SP2. ... Mode Driver Architecture documents provided on-line at MSDN (I do not own the ... only remaining issue seems to be with this PnP test. ...
  • Re: Stops Working
    ... I have found Vista to be very sensitive to video driver problems. ... Sony Acid 4 is a very old version, so I thought I might have trouble with it. ... Word, IE, Windows Explorer and Sony music mixing software never quit while running under the XP operating system. ...