Problems printing to a network Vista home premium computer

I have a Vista Home Premium 64 bit laptop with an inkjet printer
attached to it that is shared on a network. I have the printer and the
laptop shared. However, I am unable to print from Windows XP machines
to the printer on the Vista laptop. I seem to have done everything
correctly but apparently not! I can't seem to find the network printer
on the printer setup wizard on the XP machines, though it finds the
vista computer itself. Any ideas out there??

Thanks!

--
vjkelly2001
vjkelly2001's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/vjkelly2001.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Browstat.exe usage problems in Windows Vista Business
    ... Vista Business machine as well ... ... N' are bound - all machines. ... As for my preference for NetBEUI as a security solution being misplaced, ... Which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid - if Vista would network with XP ...
  • Re: XP to Vista -- only halfway there
    ... concerning networks that combine Vista and XP machines. ... I am setting up an inhouse network that links together three machines, ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including stateful ...
  • Re: Can connect to network, cannot see other computers
    ... Like many other new Vista x64 users, I'm able to connect to my home ... network XP Home and Vista with no problem. ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ...
  • Re: Compatability with XP Pro and Home Networking
    ... you need to go add both machines to the ... I just bought a Toshiba A105 laptop with XP MCE installed. ... I disabled the antivirus software and Zone Alarm Pro firewall on each ... When I go to "Other Places" under Network Connections and select My ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: share printer help needed
    ... But still have private network on new wireless laptop with vista and unable to get old desktop with xp connected with the laptop. ... xp network setup wizard sez: create a 3-1/2 floppydisk or use a Win xp cd and use on all machines. ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ...