Fax Accounts doesn't detect modem

I would appreciate any and all assistance with this problem.

I am running Vista Business, and was successfully using Windows FAX and
SCAN. The F&S software is presently in an awkward and unusable state.

The F&S software will not allow me to configure a FAX Account. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled my modem (Zoom 3025C, Conexant chip set).
Vista has the modem configured on COM3, and the modem is visible from
CONTROL PANEL>PHONE AND MODEM as well as the device manager.

F&S has no accounts configured. When I attempt to add an account, it
reports "No modems configured".

I uninstalled the modem driver and the modem software. I tried the
same steps using another Agere 56k fax modem, but obtained the same
results.

Can anyone recommend a troubleshooting process, for either fixing this,
or for resetting the F&S modem database?

Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall F&S?

Any/all help would be appreciated....

Lou

--
lou1296

  • Re: Fax machine answering incoming phone calls
    ... Have uninstalled/reinstalled AOL program and had msgs frm them re access numbers, etc. but still have to unplug the dual phone/computer wall connection in order to receive incoming calls without the interference! ... Don't know what else to check about my modem settings and it sounds like a modem problem, ... In the left column of the Add or Remove Program window, click the button to "Add/Remove Windows Components" ... If you find something that sounds like it's a fax program, uninstall it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Fax machine answering incoming phone calls
    ... Have uninstalled/reinstalled AOL program and had msgs frm them re access numbers, etc. but still have to unplug the dual phone/computer wall connection in order to receive incoming calls without the interference! ... Don't know what else to check about my modem settings and it sounds like a modem problem, ... In the left column of the Add or Remove Program window, click the button to "Add/Remove Windows Components" ... If you find something that sounds like it's a fax program, uninstall it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Multiple modems, one account
    ... wires from the back of PS2 to the router modem or even is there anyway ... > address, and not work, or it will get a local access configuration ... you'll be asked for account information. ... > be able to register and provision the modem. ...
    (comp.dcom.modems.cable)
  • Re: External Fax Modem - Event ID 32092
    ... For re-installing after uninstall be sure to use method 2. ... > Will you please let me know when the incoming fax modem problem ... > modem or driver. ... Reinstall Fax Services. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Was told by DSL tech support that
    ... |>| password, as well as account options); ... |>of the modem and the customer's cable account. ... I watched the Comcast tech install my brother's internet ... that the computer could get online, ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)