Re: Fax and Scan - Error

Who's Steve?
This doesn't sound like a fax issue at all. It seems to me that you changed your OS without considering the fact that Vista authenticates to servers differently than older OS for security reasons. Vista relies on the logged on user token and not extra credentials. So, though you may manage to create a connection to a network share / printer, that is not that way Vista and WFS RPC work. In older OS (XP and so), the RPC for printer share used to remember credentials but that option doesn't exist any more as that poses security concerns. You need to pursue this with your network administrator or in a networking group.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Rand011" <Rand011.3mqvk1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Rand011.3mqvk1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Steve,

Let's see ... I am trying to recall the various attempts I had before
finding this forum ... I tried starting/stopping the Windows Fax and
Scan service to no avail ... Tried sharing/unsharing the fax from the
server itself ... We are receivng/sending faxes, so the fax is
functional ...

One possible issue ... The sharedfax is on a server with several other
printers on it as well ... Could the Fax and Scan service be attempting
to connect to one of the printers rather than the fax and thus produce a
disconnected error? From what I can tell, it doesn't appear that the
Fax and Scan service lets you select a fax from a list of choices. When
electing to print to the Sharedfax the Fax and Scan service begins.

Thanks.

--
Rand011

  • Re: Authentication Issues with Vista Clients
    ... I decided to go down there and try placing the network on a ... upgraded them to Vista, ... In the connection details of the clients, it has the correct WINS server ... also use SBS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows SBS 2003 R2 + Vista Business
    ... Vista logons to the SBS 2003 domain are very slow, network access is slow, as is remote desktop to SBS from a Vista client. ... The server is not live at the moment, but I am fairly sure that I set up the server as described - i.e. one NIC etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows SBS 2003 R2 + Vista Business
    ... I understand that the Vista logon SBS domain ... and the network access is also slow. ... Please install the following hotfix on SBS ... How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Connect Vista to sbs2003 domain wireless.
    ... same name as my domain network without the .LOCAL suffix. ... Normaly on a XP computer the server just asks for my account and of it goes. ... but I am really starting to get pist off about this Vista ... My Outlook 2007 keeps running over the not working wireless connection! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Vista Bus to SBS2003R2 connectcomputer problems . . .
    ... On the Vista Workstation, right click on the IE icon on the desktop and choose run as Adminstrator ... protected mode also add the server FQDN or IP to the list of trusted sites. ... Also tried all flavours of running the procedure with admin rights. ... Small Business Server Network Configuration Wizard: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)