Re: Fax and Scan - Error

Who's Steve?
This doesn't sound like a fax issue at all. It seems to me that you changed your OS without considering the fact that Vista authenticates to servers differently than older OS for security reasons. Vista relies on the logged on user token and not extra credentials. So, though you may manage to create a connection to a network share / printer, that is not that way Vista and WFS RPC work. In older OS (XP and so), the RPC for printer share used to remember credentials but that option doesn't exist any more as that poses security concerns. You need to pursue this with your network administrator or in a networking group.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Rand011" <Rand011.3mqvk1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Rand011.3mqvk1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Steve,

Let's see ... I am trying to recall the various attempts I had before
finding this forum ... I tried starting/stopping the Windows Fax and
Scan service to no avail ... Tried sharing/unsharing the fax from the
server itself ... We are receivng/sending faxes, so the fax is
functional ...

One possible issue ... The sharedfax is on a server with several other
printers on it as well ... Could the Fax and Scan service be attempting
to connect to one of the printers rather than the fax and thus produce a
disconnected error? From what I can tell, it doesn't appear that the
Fax and Scan service lets you select a fax from a list of choices. When
electing to print to the Sharedfax the Fax and Scan service begins.

Thanks.

--
Rand011