Re: Fax and Scan - Error

Hello Steve,

Let's see ... I am trying to recall the various attempts I had before
finding this forum ... I tried starting/stopping the Windows Fax and
Scan service to no avail ... Tried sharing/unsharing the fax from the
server itself ... We are receivng/sending faxes, so the fax is
functional ...

One possible issue ... The sharedfax is on a server with several other
printers on it as well ... Could the Fax and Scan service be attempting
to connect to one of the printers rather than the fax and thus produce a
disconnected error? From what I can tell, it doesn't appear that the
Fax and Scan service lets you select a fax from a list of choices. When
electing to print to the Sharedfax the Fax and Scan service begins.

Thanks.

--
Rand011

  • Re: Network printing - HowTo?
    ... Microsoft Windows Debugger Version 5.2.3790.3959 ... Please check your debugger configuration and/or network access. ... Guess I'm wondering if sharing my network printers off of a server is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Multiple issues (Server & Desktop) since last Windows Updates
    ... and I am still fighting problems since the reboot after the updates. ... since SP1 on our main Domain controller, which is also DNS server for itself ... I have another two Windows Server 2003 Standard servers that I ... Lexmark printers printer, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • Re: Client no longer connects to printer on Server
    ... The Windows Firewall has detected an application listening for incoming ... The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server ... I am loathe the remove the machine from the network, ... Opening the Printers and Faxes dialog both shared printers are ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)
  • Re: Ternimal Server system requirments
    ... I can imagine from coming from NT4 what experiences you have had. ... (more like just praying that tommorow the server was ... were unknown to Windows, and had to hack some weird file to make it work. ... I have had no problems with printers and I have ...
  • Re: Ternimal Server system requirments
    ... I've been working with computers for several years ... (more like just praying that tommorow the server ... were unknown to Windows, and had to hack some weird file to make it work. ... I have had no problems with printers and I ...