Re: Vista with HP laserjet 5

Have you verified that you don't need to update the USB/LPT converter driver for Vista? The mfg's website should have this info.

Crosspost, do not multipost
How to ask a question
Help Us Help You

"darrancollins" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:f5d6d90fc95e1a96539b66838be1f504@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi , not sure if anyone can help .

I have recently upgraded my laptop and have Vista home premium , I have
a sturdy old HP laserjet 5 (bw) , I have tried loading the drivers from
the install printer list but it wont print the test page or anything
else from word etc , Just comes up with an error message on the printer
que page.
Im using a usb to paralell cable , was never a problem on XP.

Any advice would be appreciated ( basic language please ... )