Re: Vista with HP laserjet 5

Have you verified that you don't need to update the USB/LPT converter driver for Vista? The mfg's website should have this info.

--

----
Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm

"darrancollins" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:f5d6d90fc95e1a96539b66838be1f504@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi , not sure if anyone can help .

I have recently upgraded my laptop and have Vista home premium , I have
a sturdy old HP laserjet 5 (bw) , I have tried loading the drivers from
the install printer list but it wont print the test page or anything
else from word etc , Just comes up with an error message on the printer
que page.
Im using a usb to paralell cable , was never a problem on XP.

Any advice would be appreciated ( basic language please ... )

Thanks

Darran

--
darrancollins

  • RE: Word has stopped working opening on Vista
    ... I found a fix and so far everything is working. ... This worked for me with Vista ... then error message saying cannot find file. ... but the word startup problem has persisted. ...
  • Vista killed my HP DV7
    ... on Vista x64 issues. ... When I booted on Friday evening I got a Windows Defender error asking ... also occasionally BSOD, especially when trying to enter Windows Update. ... didn't get a BSOD I got, no price for guessing, another error message ...
  • Re: Cant Read Word 2003 docs backed up Vista now using Office 2007 SP1
    ... Having been a very prolific helper on the MSFT XP and particular the Vista general and Vista setup groups for about 8 years which there are now, I am well aware that attachments are frowned upon, however if they are used sparsely and appropriately and are small enough, given the penetration of broadband for a large number of people although to be sure not all countries and the rate of using attachments is about 3 in 8 years, I don't think it's inappropriate. ... And the glitch was that I got a false error message from ole Winmail which is part of ole Vista last I checked, that it was rejecting the attached ..jpeg because it was too large and to start with it was not large. ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Problem with NetFileDir in XP
    ... I added a debug line which showed the NetFileDir and it was: ... The PDOXUSRS.NET file appeared in that folder. ... The problem remained with the same error message. ... BTW, this is D4 Pro, and I'm not sure I installed the latest updates for it on this computer (which has Vista Business OS). ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Vista Networking - Server service is not started
    ... regarding any errors with the server service or computer browser. ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... an error message in the event viewer for the computer browser? ... desktop Vista computer and one laptop Vista computer. ...