Vista, Excel 2003, HP Printers - various problems

We have recently got new hardware and upgraded to Vista. We have also just
changed to fully networked printing.

We are having some printing funnies, but mainly when printing from Excel -
no idea why. Here is a selection of the printing problems we have had:

File-Print: Print dialog does not appear
File-Print/Print: Does not print, no printing message
File-Print/Print: Looks like it prints to printer (see printing message),
but nothing prints out.
File-Print/Print: Looks like it prints to printer (see printing message,
which includes some Japanese characters - we have no machines set up for
Japanese), but nothing prints out.
File-Print/Print: When you choose to print more that one copy, only the
first copy prints out
File-Print/Print: Although a different printer is chosen, it prints to the
default printer

We think it's probably a collection of issues, any ideas for any of them
very welcome!

Thanks, K
.