RE: Printing only works under Administrator account

I have a similar problem, I did same as you downloading software from brother
site for MFC-215C. the printing job would not be done. What I did make it
work is to install the printer by using adding printer and following the
instruction of window vista, choose to instal using vista drivers not driver
from internet. I made it work now by this way. you can try it as well.

"samoht" wrote:

I insalled freshly downloaded drivers for a Brother MFC-215C from the
brother site onto a Vista Box (vista drivers from Brother). Plugged the
USB in when asked etc. The printer says its ready. However the only
thing I can print is a test page and only when selecting "Run as
Administrator" from the right click menu on the printer driver icon
when going into the "properties". When going straigh into the properties
and printing a test page under the normal user account nothing prints
and applications can not print either. Not even an error message is
shown and no documents pile up in the print queque.
What is wrong???

--
samoht

  • Printing only works under Administrator account
    ... I insalled freshly downloaded drivers for a Brother MFC-215C from the ... brother site onto a Vista Box (vista drivers from Brother). ... Administrator" from the right click menu on the printer driver icon ...
  • >>>>>> BROTHER DRIVERS <<<<<<
    ... drivers for brother mfc 5840cn ... brother printer drivers mfc-440cn ...
    (sci.med.physics)
  • Re: Brother DCP-7065dn printer with Fedora 19
    ... + Brother provides Linux drivers that seem to work ... toner cartridges don't last a long time and have a suicide mechanism. ... This procedure gave a lot of extra life to my first cartridge. ... After-market cartridges are quite a bit cheaper than Brother ones. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Brother MFC-5440CN printer on FC3 and FC5
    ... I am trying to buy * Brother MFC-5440CN printer for my home office and ... but can't find specific to Fedora in ... It would help me if some one who tried this model under FC3 or FC5 to ... I have used the Brother drivers before. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Printer Question
    ... The MFC-J875DW is a new machine and isn't listed in the cups web site (or ... it will have to be the Brother provided drivers. ... The exact edits are spelled out on the Brother web site, ...
    (Ubuntu)