Re: General Permissions mess

First thing to try is System Restore to when things worked correctly.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"PhDM." <PhDM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A0BB3C8A-F602-4A8A-88B2-924530182DFB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, Maybe someone can help me. I have a simple HP Pavillion with Vista
Home Premium Edition. Lately I have been unable do perform any installation
of any software, and I bought a new printer yesterday and it is impossible to
go though the installetion (worked OK on my other computers). I kepp getting
errors such as:
- Fatal error 2203
- Error 1603 - Fatal error during installation
- Error 1310. Error writing to file C:\Config.Msi\13f2ff. Verify that you
have access to that directory
- Fatal error... Msi.Fax
- Fatal error... Msi.Toolbox.

HP tried tyo help but the problem is not with the printer or the installer
but with laptop permissions. I am not an expert on computers...

Thanks to anyone who might have an idea on how to restore he settings all
together, or sthg like that.

Ph.

  • General Permissions mess
    ... Home Premium Edition. ... Lately I have been unable do perform any installation ... and I bought a new printer yesterday and it is impossible to ... Error 1603 - Fatal error during installation ...
  • Re: system restor not working!!!
    ... I have a licence for MCE, but I don't have the installation disks. ... Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User ... One of your links suggests that the Norton Removal Tool can disable ... Try running System Restore from Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: system restor not working!!!
    ... there are no hard-drive partions containing the installation ... Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User ... One of your links suggests that the Norton Removal Tool can disable ... Try running System Restore from Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Win XP SP3 cancelling question
    ... Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3 ... running system restore if the sp3 installation hasn't finished, ... if the installation was stopped ... have completed properly and that my attempt to cancel was not acted on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Win XP SP3 cancelling question
    ... I'm a bit confused as the article on how to remove sp3 gives system restore ... if the installation was stopped before ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... have completed properly and that my attempt to cancel was not acted on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)