RE: Error when printing across through a router

This is apparently a bug introduced by a Vista update a month or two ago and
affects all printers, it doesn't seem to be related to drivers. My network
printer (attached to a Vista desktop) worked fine from my Vista notebook
until recently. Now, if I try to select a network printer in the set up, it
shows the printer but gives an error if I try to select it. Many old posts
suggest selecting a local printer and manually entering a new port with the
printer path, that does not fix the problem in this case.

If I try to connect to a printer on my Vista notebook from my Vista Desktop,
I get the same error. An XP desktop, however, can connect to a printer on
either Vista machine with no problems.

I'm not sure what update introduced the problem.

"Chris Ryan" wrote:

I have connected my Acer laptop runnig Vista to my Medion Desktop running XP
using a D- Link router, using the I.P address from the XP computer I can
access theI can access the shared folders and it brings up the Epson SX200
but when I double click it I get the error 0x00000709.

I have printer sharing enabled on the printer and in widows firewall.

Please help

  • Re: windows update for XP doesnt not open
    ... she explained is exactly what happens when the user agent is incorrect. ... Vista - the web page has no purpose ... the message was incorrect because she did have Windows XP. ... It tried to take me to the Vista update page, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Vista update does not finish configuring
    ... MS actually monitor the Vista Update Forum. ... Stan wrote: ... :: I have an XP machine running the exact SAME programmes, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • More Vista Woes
    ... The last whizzo 1/10/08 Vista update did for my only Vista PC - a Toshiba portable. ... After that nothing worked - the repair functions basic and advanced diagnostics could see the previous known good configurations but were unable to finalise them even given several hours trying. ... Then it got even worse and stuck at 667/68990 but now it did not instantly switch off so it was possible to write down the error message for all the good that does: ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Downgrading vista to xp can I use the vista key??
    ... I would recommend staying exclusively with Windows Vista. ... Windows Vista Update files are located in the \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution folder. ... for downgrade rights. ...
  • Re: Vista Networking - Server service is not started
    ... connecting to the Vista Desktop) I get... ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... an error message in the event viewer for the computer browser? ...