Re: Error when printing across through a router

Thanks for the quick response. I do have the drivers installed on the laptop,
I have been swapping usb leads and printing from it before, but wondered if I
could print through the router.
Is it still possible?

"Malke" wrote:

Chris Ryan wrote:

I have connected my Acer laptop runnig Vista to my Medion Desktop running
XP using a D- Link router, using the I.P address from the XP computer I
can access theI can access the shared folders and it brings up the Epson
SX200
but when I double click it I get the error 0x00000709.

I have printer sharing enabled on the printer and in widows firewall.

Did you install the Vista printer drivers on your Acer laptop? If not,
that's what is missing. Get Vista drivers from Epson for the SX200.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Silent crash witk 2-6.24-rc8-git4
    ... I've found that I can cause my laptop (DEll Latitude C610) to crash silently ... All I have to do to cause the crash is run the following script on the laptop ... # Infrared-port device drivers ... most of these also require special kernel boot parameters ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: win xp pro on laptops
    ... But if both computers are yours, say your desktop at home and your laptop calling in while on the road, the desktop at home MUST have the server-side software, which this does not include. ... does (Media Center IS XP Pro with modifications and additions, ... was a conflict between using Media Center Extenders and Domain ... drivers, or will have only very old ones. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: I opened my monthly rent bill today...
    ... laptop from Amazon as a backup to the IBM Thinkpad laptop I am ... still have to find an OS installation CD somewhere that works for that ... has been that computers don't usually come with recovery discs, ... they have more drivers. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: User workstation crashing after login - no errors reported.
    ... If the system is stable in safe mode, that would indicate that the problem ... particularly if something specific seems to trigger the restart. ... drivers that don't load in safe mode. ... laptop booted and loggedonto the domain no problems for 3/4 of the day. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: 6SN7 Mu Follower Distortion Paper
    ... Ian. ... I have tried a couple of those that use your PC soundcard on my laptop. ... to do with the sound chip but it is a new laptop. ... I dont really see them bringing out any new drivers soon or ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)