lexmark x4690 -spare backup

While trying to uninstall my printer I incountered a problem. Once the
drivers were uninstalled,spare backup started trying to install them
again.I
am compleatly lost. I have 4 or 5 small windows opening saying, The
setup
must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system
is
running. If you choose to continue a reboot will be required to
complete the
setup. Nothing happens when I reboot. Other windows that open are;
The
feature you are trying to use is on a network resources that is
unavible.
click OK to try again,or enter an alternate path to a folder
containing the
instsllstion package spare backup. mis in the box below. another one
says
Error 1706 No valid sources could be found for product spare backup.
The
windows installer can not continue. One other window says; please
wait while
windows configures spare backup. I reinstalled my printer disk and I
also restored to before I uninstalled. No luck. Called Lexmark they said
it was my Vista. Please help. Thanks.

--
djussery
.