Re: how do I get my HP 6310 to scan through the network?

"FoolFromHell" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:bd214855bbfbdb8f8f918b36cc9818ba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

It prints fine over the network, but I cant add the software for it.
When I go to scan printer, it doesnt show up. I'm on Vista x64 and the
CD that came with it only works for XP. I could scan through the network
fine on Vista 32-bit though. Not sure what I did there.

Disconnect the printer and uninstall it. Next download the full featured driver from HP at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2100&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1119598

Run the install and do not connect the printer until instructed to by the installer.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

  • RE: Group Policies on SBS 2k3 R2 not allowing 64-bit apps to insta
    ... (which is VERY time consuming due to the CPU speed and the fact that SBS ... "Group Policies" on my Vista x64 machine, but the second time I didn't run ... I understand that when attempting to install 64-bit ... Downloading and Installing Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: free asp.net forum templates (for sql)?
    ... I attempted to install the express on Vista x64.. ... Why should it have detected any IIS websites you have? ... All is does is install a new IIS Application, which has Forums, ...
  • Re: Re-installing Vista x64
    ... A fresh install of Vista x64 is now working ... dual-boot) partition and add that disk space to my Vista install ... I used EasyBCD 1.7.2 to skip the boot options XP/Vista ...
  • Re: free asp.net forum templates (for sql)?
    ... I attempted to install the express on Vista x64.. ... Why should it have detected any IIS websites you have? ... All is does is install a new IIS Application, which has Forums, ... asp.net faq: http://asp.net.do/faq/ ...
  • Re: Partition problem.
    ... I am having problems dual booting both Vista x64 and XP SP2. ... comp to install XP on this partition, ... you have to load the correct Windows XP AHCI driver for the ...