Dell AIO 966 problems

I have Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron 531 Dual Core 2.30 Ghz system with 1 Gig of RAM. My AIO printer is a Dell 966.

I've DLd and installed all the latest drivers and updates from the Dell site, but I still have problems with the AIO Control Center. It takes forever to load, goes through several stages of the famous "Not Responding", and then runs about 70% of the time. Other times it stops responding and stays that way, and occasionally shows the spalsh screen and never gets any further than that.

The printer and software never caused any problems with my old XP system, and Dell says the drivers it offers are all Vista specific.

Any suggestions?

Thanx,

Buddha

  • Re: Vista Home Premium vs Vista Business
    ... I have two OEM CDs - one from Dell for Vista Home Premium that came ... Dell computer and Compaq CD for Compaq computer. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Office 2007 Keeps installing
    ... applications options button, i.e. ... new Dell PC with Vista Home Premium. ... use Install cleaner and re-install. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • What do you think of THis PC?
    ... Using a Dell $350.00 coupon I ordered the following Inspiron PC. ... including CPU speed for VISTA Home Premium. ... Programs, DataSafe Online ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: OT: Wtd: Dell Laptop
    ... As long as it has 512MB+ ram, 40GB+ HDD, 802.11b/g and a good clear working screen it will be fine. ... You'll be buying it direct from Dell. ... English - Vista Home Premium ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Office 2007 Keeps installing
    ... new Dell PC with Vista Home Premium. ... wanting to install every time one selects a program ... Much searching says de-install, ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)