Re: receiving faxes and printing with Brothers MFC 240CN in Vista

'Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I Wrote:
;718969']In as much as Vista has nothing to do with your MFC240 other
than to see it
as a printer, there isn't much we can help with. Vista Fax and Scan
(included with Vista Business and Ultimate) can only work with an
analog fax
modem and cannot use the fax features of an MFC device for anything.
The
only way you can use any fax features from within Vista or XP or
Windows
2000 is if Brother included a driver to do it with. It looks like the

device, itself, has a problem.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@xxxxxxxx
'KVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - Home' (http://www.kvoa.com) -- "When

"MSwilley" butterfrog82@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote in message

I have a Brothers MFC 240CN and when receiving faxes it shows the
states
page 1,2,3,4 and so on but nothing prints out. Also when I try to
print
it says data receiving and then data remaining but nothing prints. I
am
also useing Windows Vista if this helps with the problem.

--
MSwilley -

The problem was partly the machine and partly the drivers. I was wrong
on model sorry it is a Brothers MFC 640CW and it came with Windows XP
drivers not vista. I had to go to the Brothers sight and install the
vista driver. This partly fixed the printing problem.

The other issue was the data was being stored in memory because the
print was stuck on a print job. (not jammed) the actual memory thaught
it was still printing a job so it would not process any more jobs. I
tried cleaning out the memory and this didn't help. I also tried
setting back to factory settings but didn't work. Finally I contacted
Brother and they had me unplug the printer and hold down the stop/exit
button. Plug the printer back in while holding the stop/exit button and
continue to hold this button until the printer rebooted. This fixed all
the issues. Now I can print, fax, scan, and copy without problems.

Thank you for all your help.

--
MSwilley

  • Re: What tv tuner card or usb do I buy for Vista Media Center?
    ... Nope the problem persists and you can only use this cardif you limit the memory to less than 4GB in Win Vista 64 Bit. ... This limitation results in buffer starvation at the driver level and thus the frame rate drops to very low levels. ... "...This is a known issue with this Hauppauge card, unfortunately, and we have no fix for it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: 32bit OS cannot see 4GB of RAM on modern chipset. Ramdisk?
    ... XP 32 and Vista 32 to only be capable of 32bit physical addresses. ... use it as a sort of hyperspace window to access memory above 4GB. ... My driver could cope with this - I could just scan above 4GB ...
  • Re: ExAllocatePoolWithTag cause BSOD
    ... turn on driver verifier on your driver and retest. ... Vista has better memory checks to find corruptions ... The DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL bug check has a value of 0x000000C5. ... I am developing a USB device driver in Vista, ...
  • RE: Windows Explorer hangs then crashes.
    ... Excel files tend to be larger than other type files. ... uses a lot of memory and the recommendations are to install more memory when ... converting from XP to Vista. ... think the best think is to remove the CD driver from the PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)