MS Fax Tiff format

Hi,

I am trying to create a tiff file for submission to MS Fax Server in a format that the server will accept without re-formatting it. I have printed a document (20 pages) to the MS Fax printer and grabbed the tiff it generated and compared it to mine.

Here's MS Fax's tiff's tags (for the first page):

SubFileType (1 Long): Page
ImageWidth (1 Long): 1728
ImageLength (1 Long): 2339
BitsPerSample (1 Short): 1
Compression (1 Short): Group 4 Fax (aka CCITT FAX4)
Photometric (1 Short): MinIsWhite
FillOrder (1 Short): Lsb2Msb
StripOffsets (1 Long): 8
SamplesPerPixel (1 Short): 1
RowsPerStrip (1 Long): 2339
StripByteCounts (1 Long): 15949
XResolution (1 Rational): 204
YResolution (1 Rational): 196
Group3Options (1 Long): 5
ResolutionUnit (1 Short): Inch
PageNumber (2 Short): 0, 0
Software (32 ASCII): Windows NT Fax Server

Here's mine:

SubFileType (1 Long): Page
ImageWidth (1 Short): 1728
ImageLength (1 Short): 2339
BitsPerSample (1 Short): 1
Compression (1 Short): Group 4 Fax (aka CCITT FAX4)
Photometric (1 Short): MinIsWhite
FillOrder (1 Short): Lsb2Msb
StripOffsets (1 Long): 8
SamplesPerPixel (1 Short): 1
RowsPerStrip (1 Short): 2339
StripByteCounts (1 Long): 6658
XResolution (1 Rational): 204
YResolution (1 Rational): 196
PlanarConfig (1 Short): Contig
Group3Options (1 Long): 5
ResolutionUnit (1 Short): Inch
PageNumber (2 Short): 0, 0
Software (22 ASCII): Windows NT Fax Server // I fake this!

The problem is that when I submit the tiff generated by MS Fax which is 20 pages it takes only 47ms to submit and my one page tiff takes 1809ms!! Speed is very important for our application, so I need to find a way to create a tiff file that MS Fax server will accept without re-formatting it. I don't mind the 1.8sec per se, but it is 1.8sec per page and this is way too long.

Can anyone shed some light on what MS Fax file format is exactly or what MS Fax server expects without having to re-format the file? I thought I did what the MSDM library said i.t.o. the required tiff format but it appears that this is just so that MS Fax accepts the file but not necessarily without it having to re-format it.

FWIW, I use LibTiff to create the tiff file.

Thank you,
Gerhard
.