Re: HP LaserJet CM1015 MFP re-install will not work

hannibee14 <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I re-installed the software from the HP website. The software seemed to
install successfully. The printing function works fine.

There is one catch. Unlike when I installed the software a year ago
from the CD, this installation did not put the "HP solution Center" on
my desktop. I cannot find the solution center anywhere. This is what I
always used to scan documents.

Now when I go to the printer and attempt to scan I get the message
"There is no TWAIN-compliant device installed. Please install one and
try again."

This seems to be a major improvement in the fact that the scanner and
PC recognize each other, but if I am understanding this correctly, my
computer doesn't have any software to open/save what I scan.

Is there a way to get the "HP Solution Center" (I tried installing from
the website a second time, but it tells me I already have the software
and gets stuck for awhile and then turns off) OR is there a free program
I can download that will allow me to scan.

Thanks for all of your help and patience!!

--
hannibee14

I have had some experience with the CM1017 (same printer family) on Vista. The
customer lost his connection to the printer and could not re-install the
printer driver.
I had to uninstall (perhaps delete) the printer makeing sure the old driver was
gone. Then go to the printer folder and select File/Server Properties (Run as
administrator), select drivers and remove the driver listed there. Then a
reboot with the USB cable disconnected followed by a full install bought the
printer and scanner back to life. Sorry I can't remember more detail but the
removal of the driver in Server Properties was critical.
Tony
MS MVP Printing Image

  • Problems with Touchpad,keyboard and USB after Ideacom update (solu
    ... and keyboard .I have made fresh install of XP Home and have all updated ... recomended update from Driver detective,that i use offten. ... allready and when i do this it knocks off my USB mouse leaving me not able to ... 2.Mutil-Access driver HCT driver verify crash fix! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP HOME BOOT FAILURE
    ... you remove the driver for the graphics card, ... >> If you run a repair install as I initially described, ... A repair install should bypass that but it will ... >>>> on, follow the screens. ...
  • Re: XP update loses sound card
    ... I assume you tried a forced install of a soundcard? ... should try the sound card driver from Toshiba ... The WINMM WDM Audio driver is out of the list now. ... The sound is enabled and uninstalling the Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • OT: What do you do with your old computers?
    ... connected that to the WLAN as well, using a small USB wireless link. ... And what about backups for petesp4 and Bigblack? ... Once it was talking to the network, I decided to install the printer and the ... driver, and was marked as an unknown device. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Modem Install Problems
    ... PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfb9c0, ... ACPI tables contain no PCI IRQ routing entries ... Serial driver version 5.05c with HUB-6 MANY_PORTS ... install: cannot stat `536ep.o': No such file or directory ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)