Re: HP LaserJet CM1015 MFP re-install will not work

hannibee14 <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I re-installed the software from the HP website. The software seemed to
install successfully. The printing function works fine.

There is one catch. Unlike when I installed the software a year ago
from the CD, this installation did not put the "HP solution Center" on
my desktop. I cannot find the solution center anywhere. This is what I
always used to scan documents.

Now when I go to the printer and attempt to scan I get the message
"There is no TWAIN-compliant device installed. Please install one and
try again."

This seems to be a major improvement in the fact that the scanner and
PC recognize each other, but if I am understanding this correctly, my
computer doesn't have any software to open/save what I scan.

Is there a way to get the "HP Solution Center" (I tried installing from
the website a second time, but it tells me I already have the software
and gets stuck for awhile and then turns off) OR is there a free program
I can download that will allow me to scan.

Thanks for all of your help and patience!!

--
hannibee14

I have had some experience with the CM1017 (same printer family) on Vista. The
customer lost his connection to the printer and could not re-install the
printer driver.
I had to uninstall (perhaps delete) the printer makeing sure the old driver was
gone. Then go to the printer folder and select File/Server Properties (Run as
administrator), select drivers and remove the driver listed there. Then a
reboot with the USB cable disconnected followed by a full install bought the
printer and scanner back to life. Sorry I can't remember more detail but the
removal of the driver in Server Properties was critical.
Tony
MS MVP Printing Image

.