Re: Vista - default printer doesn't stay as default

Changing a User's Default Printer in the Registry
See Article ID: 156212

HKCU \Software \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Windows

Device Reg_SZ Data (here you make the device changes.)

Note: You will see the Devices folder under the CurrentVersion with the list
of printer devices installed, their spooler and connection type.

"Geekeezer" wrote:

I am having the "Can't set a default printer problem" as well. It comes
into play with me, not on a network, but all the time. The major issue,
as I saw posted somewhere else here, is with programs like Adobe Reader
(Acrobat) that only print to a default printer. In other words I can't
print PDFs. That is a real PITA as I
am a REALTOR and PDFs are my WORLD. I did see an answer by "Alan" that
mentioned some "HKEY-BLAH BLAH BLAH," But there was no info about what
to do with it. I am not a registry savvy guy. Its a new machine and the
manufacturer was no help either! This has been going on for several
months. Should I just go buy an Apple?

--
Geekeezer

.