Re: Shared Printer Problem

OK.

1) Per your instructions, I've downloaded 64-bit printer drivers for my
routed computer.

2) Sorry, but you'll have to tell me how to set up file/printer sharing on
LAN, so I can be sure I've done it correctly.

"Malke" wrote:

Ty McConnell wrote:

Oops!
One thing I guess I didn't make clear: BOTH computers are using Vista Home
Premium. The host computer has a 32-bit operating system. The routed
computer has a 64-bit operating system.

Also, I'm not using LAN. I have a wireless, routed connection supplied by
Linksys.

And, yes, printer drivers are installed on both computers.

Fine. You need 64-bit printer drivers for your Vista 64-bit operating
system. Get them from the printer mftr.

You *do* have a Local Area Network. It is created by the router. And you
still have to set up file/printer sharing on the LAN to print to a printer
connected to another computer, no matter what operating system it's
running.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Bottoms of letters being cut off in some lines
    ... You may want to pose further questions in the operating system newsgroup. ... As far as deleting drivers, you do that in the Print Server properties. ... But it doesn't happen with Outlook Express. ... The printer drivers can't be deleted because I don't seem to have access to them. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Bottoms of letters being cut off in some lines
    ... I think maybe post to the operating system group but don't mention printers. ... Surely, the only thing that makes any sense is that something became corrupt on one of the two machines, got transferred when I copied some file over to the other machine, and then spread to other word processing programmes. ... The printer drivers can't be deleted because I don't seem to have access to them. ... I've tried deleting the printer and printer drivers, then reinstalling. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: BBC News...
    ... Did the printers not arrive with a driver CD? ... Printer drivers are operating system specific. ... Well M$ operating system updates do rather tend to be a whole new operating ... That's because what they sell you is rubbish and you have to wait unti SP2 ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Shared Printer Problem
    ... I've downloaded 64-bit printer drivers for my ... routed computer. ... but you'll have to tell me how to set up file/printer sharing on ... LAN, so I can be sure I've done it correctly. ...
  • Windows Initial User Screen always being displayed
    ... On a Windows 2000 Professional machine, ... I can uncheck the 'Do ... as in you can change the Printer Drivers and when you log ... complete reload of the Operating System?. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)