Re: Shared Printer Problem

Forgive me, but I'm new to all this.

Question: What does "O/Ses" mean?

Question: How can I tell if the two computers are in the same Workgroup?

3) The computers are connected by a router on a wireless connection.

4) Yes, the "host" computer is connected to the Canon printer by a USB port.
(I think that's part of the problem. I don't know which port it is. It's the
first port on the lower-left side of my Hewlett-Packard Home Premium
computer, next to the "Digital Media Slot."

I hope this helps, a little.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

More info needed... MUCH more info.

Like..... what O/Ses are the 2 PCs running, are they both in the same
workgroup, can you access files from one to the other, how are they
connected in the network (direct/routerswitch etc etc)

By port I'm presuming you mean USB.... since it's a Canon, unless it's a
VERY old Canon, it probably won't be LPT.... but it's always nice to get
that information and very difficult, if not impossible to answer your query
without it.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"tymcconnell" <tymcconnell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have set up my Canon printer to be shared with my second, routed,
computer.

However, I'm not able to print from my second computer. I receive an
"Error - Sent to Printer" message in my printer queue.

Is it possible that the problem is that I have the wrong ports selected
in
both computers.

If that's the problem, how do I find the name or number of the port in my
host computer?

  • Re: Correction
    ... Normally to physically disconnect is just a matter of reaching for the ... >> I have an ADSL connection which polls my computer from time to time, ... > disallow each and every port with Windows Firewall? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... Internet to initiate an IP conversation with your computer. ... This situation is different than if you ran your own NAT connection sharing ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Still cant connect to RWW or OWA remotely
    ... it certainly appears to be something about the SBS configuration. ... Meridian.local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: ... Windows SMALL BUSINESS SERVER 2003 Windows IP Configuration ... 192.168.254.254) directly to a port on the router and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Still cant connect to RWW or OWA remotely
    ... it certainly appears to be something about the SBS configuration. ... Meridian.local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: ... Windows SMALL BUSINESS SERVER 2003 Windows IP Configuration ... 192.168.254.254) directly to a port on the router and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Random unprivileged TCP ports below 5000 kind-of open for a fraction of a second
    ... When Nmap (or many ... > other applications, such as Telnet) does a connectcall, the OS is ... > supposed to choose a good souce port to bind to for the connection. ... I saw a familiar "Connection reset by peer" every time the random port ...
    (Incidents)