Re: Shared Printer Problem

Forgive me, but I'm new to all this.

Question: What does "O/Ses" mean?

Question: How can I tell if the two computers are in the same Workgroup?

3) The computers are connected by a router on a wireless connection.

4) Yes, the "host" computer is connected to the Canon printer by a USB port.
(I think that's part of the problem. I don't know which port it is. It's the
first port on the lower-left side of my Hewlett-Packard Home Premium
computer, next to the "Digital Media Slot."

I hope this helps, a little.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

More info needed... MUCH more info.

Like..... what O/Ses are the 2 PCs running, are they both in the same
workgroup, can you access files from one to the other, how are they
connected in the network (direct/routerswitch etc etc)

By port I'm presuming you mean USB.... since it's a Canon, unless it's a
VERY old Canon, it probably won't be LPT.... but it's always nice to get
that information and very difficult, if not impossible to answer your query
without it.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"tymcconnell" <tymcconnell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have set up my Canon printer to be shared with my second, routed,
computer.

However, I'm not able to print from my second computer. I receive an
"Error - Sent to Printer" message in my printer queue.

Is it possible that the problem is that I have the wrong ports selected
in
both computers.

If that's the problem, how do I find the name or number of the port in my
host computer?

.