Re: connect FAX with a Vista PC

Dimitris Papageorgiou wrote:

Is there a way i can connect the FAX mashine with my computer.
The fax does'nt have a USB connection only 2 RJ-11 ports.
Is there any kind of adapter available in the market that can make
possible the connection using the aforementioned jacks

Thank you

You would need to have a fax-capable modem installed in your computer. If
you have Vista Home Basic/Premium, you'd need third-party faxing software.
Fax machines run over phone lines, not USB.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Active Sync
    ... imho, the easiest solution is to charge from an ac adapter rather than the usb connection, but, it you want to fight it, some unauthorized kludges at http://BevHoward.com/ASync.htm#RAPI and below. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • RE: [opensuse] Printer USB connection problem
    ... I got aUSB printer adapter cable and expected that that would solve my problem. ... even with the printer wizzard under the USB connection. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)