Re: Cannot connect to printer error 0x0000007e

ZACommando wrote:

When I attempt to add a printer from our campus ADS network with my Vista
Ultimate x64 machine, I get the following error:

Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed.
(error 0x0000007e).

This happens regardless of the printer I try to connect to (different
and models). It also happens regardless of the machine the printer is
connected to.

Are you first installing Vista 64-bit drivers for the printers on your
machine? If not, that's your next step. Get them from the printer mftr.

Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Whats the simplest option for a shared quorum?
    ... regardless who you ask always consult the vendor you're purchasing the ... servers from to see who they recommend. ... Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA ... **Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. ...
  • Re: Correct group for WDM development??
    ... regardless of its source (web or MSDN dvd). ... > use the DDK for developing drivers for Windows, and not for some other OS ... >> still i wonder why they don't put it up for free download. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Professional - Installation Problem
    ... The errors that XP reports are real enough to prevent XP running REGARDLESS ... install a larger HDD.. ... > "Windows XP could not be installed because the drive D is corrupted beyond ...
  • Re: How I discourage Mac purchases.
    ... code name for Windows 95. ... Regardless of what you SEMANTICALLY call what they did, ... make the excuse that this was done on a beta product and not the final ... compatible Toaster. ...
  • How widespread are recent IE6 problems?
    ... to be all connected with IE6, regardless of which Windows ... disabling all system shortcut links in an XP notebook. ...