Error Code 800736B2 - I can't install ANY updates

I have a relatively new laptop with Vista, and I cannot install any updates.
I receive an error code 800736B2. Lots on the web about removing Kaspersky
Internet Security, but I don't seem to have this software. What can I do to
update my laptop?

  • RE: Latest Windows XP Updates Break File Sharing?
    ... I just installed today's 9 updates on my XP laptop (Windows version ... and now I cannot access the file sharing on my other Windows XP ... Now, desktop wants to install updates, but I don't want the problem on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: xp updates not working
    ... | explorer as being the file slowing my laptop down. ... |> | to switch the automatic updates off and my laptop is back to normal. ... along with the lines from 'Process Explorer' that you feel ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Service pack 2 killed my laptop
    ... Check in at Windows Update and install all critical updates & reboot. ... WinXP SP2: What's New for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express ... > - if I put my laptop into "hibernate," I get errors when I try to start it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Windows XP SP2 -> Absturz von IE und anderen Appl beim Drucken
    ... habe ein Problem mit 2 Laptops, wenn im Browser gedruckt wird. ... Auf dem Laptop ist Windows XP mit SP2 ... Adobe Acrobat Reader mit Updates auf 7.0.3 ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.applications)
  • Drucken aus IE->Absturz
    ... habe ein Problem mit 2 Laptops, wenn im Browser gedruckt wird. ... Auf dem Laptop ist Windows XP mit SP2 ... Adobe Acrobat Reader mit Updates auf 7.0.3 ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.inetexplorer.ie6)