Re: Vista Excessive Disk Activity

"vosuram" <vosuram.42jazb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:vosuram.42jazb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vista made my HP HDX-18 laptop (quad-core, 4GB, 1TB) virtually unusable.
It came to unstoppable disk abuse, making, for instance, impossible to
connect any large external hard drive. The Performance monitor shows
that system is all the time busy with writing to files in the "System
Volume Information" folder. Switching off the "system restore" helps:
"Start menu" -> Right click on "Computer" -> Properties -> Advanced
Settings -> System Protection ... Uncheck all boxes.

I'm wondering with the following: Toyota recall cars and patches them
for free if any production defect is discovered. Vista is mainly made of
defects, but I have to pay for an upgrade to "7".

--
vosuram
vosuram's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160032.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

So how have you diagnosed that it is a Vista problem and not a hardware problem or caused by other software?

Camper.

.