Re: backup failed

I'm assuming it's a Windows backup because I don't have any other backup programs on the computer. This computer has Vista Home Premium on it.

"peter" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#bsydMvbKHA.5796@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
yes
find out what program is doing the backups
and to where and then try one manually.
My guess from the info you have given us is that
its not configured correctly.

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:hemsmm$1psk$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For some reason my sons laptop has a small pop up window in the taskbar that says last back up failed. Is there a way to fix this?

Walt

  • Re: backup across router problem
    ... Backup programs rarely put an exclusive lock on the file they are copying. ... The other symptoms certainly indicate that the backup program doesn't have exclusive access and doesn't run at a high priority. ... OS is the problem machine running? ...
  • Re: backup across router problem
    ... Backup programs rarely put an exclusive lock on the file they are copying. ... >> The only other thing I can think of is SMB locking. ...
  • Re: SCO UW disaster recovery
    ... time-tested backup and crash recovery product should be reconsidered. ... Upon checking I found the tape drive was so dirty it would not ... I then insisted they get one of the commercial backup programs - at ... than the program cost - unless you are paid less than a McDonalds' ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Open Source Tape Backup???
    ... > What I really need is a backup software that has ... I'm assuming workstation as you posted in an XP newsgroup. ... have used many tape backup programs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Slightly off topic
    ... I don't trust any automated backup programs. ... comes to restore, it doesn't work for whatever reason. ...