Re: Defrag doesn't work

Hi Tom,

That why I was sure to spell right HDD ( H ard D isk D rive) the second time

Thanks any way, and have you and the OP (and all) a Happy Thanksgiving Day

"SC Tom" wrote:

I think Alex's point was that you originally typed HHD, not HDD :-)

"Ǝиçεl" <l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Alex,

If your HDD ( H ard D isk D rive) is running perfectly, that doesn't mean
it's going to stay that way forever!

Check your hard disk for errors ...

Good luck

"Alex" wrote:

If you mean my hard drive C, it's got 391 GB free of 451 GB.
Thanks, Alex

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

How much free space is in the HHD ?

"Alex" wrote:

After functioning properly since I got a new computer with 64-bit
nearly a year ago, the defragmenter now does its "spinning" for about
minutes and indicates: "Your file system performace can be improved.
It is
recommended that you defragment now."

When I click on "Defragment now..." it spins again for about 5
minutes and
repeats the same message. This repeats each time.

Any advice?
Thanks, Alex