Re: Defrag doesn't work

Hi Tom,

That why I was sure to spell right HDD ( H ard D isk D rive) the second time
;-)

Thanks any way, and have you and the OP (and all) a Happy Thanksgiving Day
-=-

"SC Tom" wrote:

I think Alex's point was that you originally typed HHD, not HDD :-)

"Ǝиçεl" <l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Alex,

If your HDD ( H ard D isk D rive) is running perfectly, that doesn't mean
it's going to stay that way forever!

Check your hard disk for errors ...
http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-vista/how-to-use-check-disk-in-windows-vista-using-gui-and-command-line/

Good luck
-=-

"Alex" wrote:

If you mean my hard drive C, it's got 391 GB free of 451 GB.
--
Thanks, Alex

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

How much free space is in the HHD ?
-=-

"Alex" wrote:

After functioning properly since I got a new computer with 64-bit
Vista
nearly a year ago, the defragmenter now does its "spinning" for about
5
minutes and indicates: "Your file system performace can be improved.
It is
recommended that you defragment now."

When I click on "Defragment now..." it spins again for about 5
minutes and
repeats the same message. This repeats each time.

Any advice?
--
Thanks, Alex

  • Re: Defrag doesnt work
    ... That why I was sure to spell right HDD (H ard D isk D rive) the second time ... >>> How much free space is in the HHD? ...
  • Import PST File error
    ... I have saved a outlook.pst file from one HDD to another HDD. ... "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" ... I have done this task many times before but this is the second time in ... Running Outlook2000 on all machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Problems with Capturing Video Please Help!
    ... ensure, there is plenty of hdd space, hdd is defragged before and after ... > When I capture my video and then play it back, ... watched the capture the second time and it appears to capture 1 second as ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Virus ?
    ... > I can't download anything as the downloader drops to .1 a few seconds ... > Spydoc,Stinger,Xoftspy & Trend all in safe mode then a second time & they ... > showed no bad stuff the second time.I have a backup hdd so I hooked it up ... Sounds like a bad internet connection to me, ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Virus ?
    ... | I can't download anything as the downloader drops to .1 a few seconds after ... | Spydoc,Stinger,Xoftspy & Trend all in safe mode then a second time & they ... | showed no bad stuff the second time.I have a backup hdd so I hooked it up & ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)