Re: Defrag doesn't work

Hi Tom,

That why I was sure to spell right HDD ( H ard D isk D rive) the second time
;-)

Thanks any way, and have you and the OP (and all) a Happy Thanksgiving Day
-=-

"SC Tom" wrote:

I think Alex's point was that you originally typed HHD, not HDD :-)

"Ǝиçεl" <l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Alex,

If your HDD ( H ard D isk D rive) is running perfectly, that doesn't mean
it's going to stay that way forever!

Check your hard disk for errors ...
http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-vista/how-to-use-check-disk-in-windows-vista-using-gui-and-command-line/

Good luck
-=-

"Alex" wrote:

If you mean my hard drive C, it's got 391 GB free of 451 GB.
--
Thanks, Alex

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

How much free space is in the HHD ?
-=-

"Alex" wrote:

After functioning properly since I got a new computer with 64-bit
Vista
nearly a year ago, the defragmenter now does its "spinning" for about
5
minutes and indicates: "Your file system performace can be improved.
It is
recommended that you defragment now."

When I click on "Defragment now..." it spins again for about 5
minutes and
repeats the same message. This repeats each time.

Any advice?
--
Thanks, Alex