Re: Defrag doesn't work

I think Alex's point was that you originally typed HHD, not HDD :-)

"Ǝиçεl" <l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B1ACAB65-1CCA-4D87-BC1E-15C908E24618@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Alex,

If your HDD ( H ard D isk D rive) is running perfectly, that doesn't mean
it's going to stay that way forever!

Check your hard disk for errors ...
http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-vista/how-to-use-check-disk-in-windows-vista-using-gui-and-command-line/

Good luck
-=-

"Alex" wrote:

If you mean my hard drive C, it's got 391 GB free of 451 GB.
--
Thanks, Alex

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> How much free space is in the HHD ?
> -=-
>

> "Alex" wrote:
>
> > After functioning properly since I got a new computer with 64-bit > > Vista
> > nearly a year ago, the defragmenter now does its "spinning" for about > > 5
> > minutes and indicates: "Your file system performace can be improved. > > It is
> > recommended that you defragment now."
> >
> > When I click on "Defragment now..." it spins again for about 5 > > minutes and
> > repeats the same message. This repeats each time.
> >
> > Any advice?
> > -- > > Thanks, Alex

  • Re: Deleting Fragmented Files
    ... Not every file on your hard disk needs to be defragmented. ... Then there's the whole argument over whether Windows Defragmenter is 'good enough' or if you need to buy a third party defragmenter. ... I suppose I was just getting a little frustrated that the number of fragmented files reflected in the final report never seem to decrease after the conclusion of many subsequent defrags. ... When the hard disk is de-fragmented, a file's individual clusters get lined up next to each other, like ducks in a row. ...
  • Re: Outlook express
    ... noncontiguous locations on your hard disk. ... fragmentation. ... Disk Defragmenter tool completes the defragmentation of files on your hard ...
  • Re: defragmenting crashes to blue screen
    ... What is the make and model of the hard disk? ... > machine is just out of warranty. ... >> Would running Disk Defragmenter in Safe Mode be a simpler way to ... >>> This may be from an application or service interfereing with the ...
  • Re: errors in defragmenting
    ... The defragmenter will always open, no matter how bad the computer is. ... It is possible that your hard disk is too full. ... my computer has been running real slow ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office)
  • Re: MNID Group will be closing
    ... anything more than repeats as we all wait (and the waiting seems forever) ... You don't have a brain that can do anymore then repeats. ... Demise, is the wrong word for one who realized that this NG ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)