Defrag doesn't work

After functioning properly since I got a new computer with 64-bit Vista
nearly a year ago, the defragmenter now does its "spinning" for about 5
minutes and indicates: "Your file system performace can be improved. It is
recommended that you defragment now."

When I click on "Defragment now..." it spins again for about 5 minutes and
repeats the same message. This repeats each time.

Any advice?
--
Thanks, Alex

  • RE: Defrag doesnt work
    ... "Alex" wrote: ... the defragmenter now does its "spinning" for about 5 ... This repeats each time. ...
  • RE: Defrag doesnt work
    ... the defragmenter now does its "spinning" for about 5 ... "Your file system performace can be improved. ... This repeats each time. ...
  • Defrag repeats need to defrag
    ... After functioning properly since I got a new computer with 64-bit Vista ... the defragmenter now does its "spinning" for about 5 ... Any advice? ...
  • Re: Windows VISTA .... really that bad?
    ... 'And never, never, EVER use a "registry cleaner" or ... "registry defragmenter".' ... Does your assertion have to do specifically with Vista? ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Defrag doesnt work
    ... it's going to stay that way forever! ... Check your hard disk for errors ... ... the defragmenter now does its "spinning" for about ... This repeats each time. ...