Re: the computer locks instead of hibernating

--->
Hello!

When I select hibernate from the shut down menu, the screen turns dark and then a message appears: "Locking computer...". After that the login-screen pops up.

Hibernate used to work quite well in the beginning, and I have no idea what went wrong.

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

I am thankful for any help,
Rui Nunes

What flavor of Vista is this? Is your computer a laptop? If so, does this happen both when plugged in and unplugged? It could be something being allowed to bring the system out of hibernation like your network or USB device.

Questor
.